Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)

As you may already know, the government require a Energy Performance Certificate whenever a property is built, sold or rented. At Hunt Roche we recommend a local supplier, APEX e.p.c. Domestic Energy Assessors, to supply our clients with the required EPC. This can be provided at a cost of £75 including VAT. Feel free to speak to someone at your nearest branch or call APEX directly on 01702 588599.

There are however some exceptional circumstances where an EPC is not required, these are listed below:

  • places of worship
  • temporary buildings that will be used for less than 2 years
  • stand-alone buildings with total useful floor space of less than 50 square metres
  • industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings that don’t use a lot of energy
  • some buildings that are due to be demolished
  • holiday accommodation that’s rented out for less than 4 months a year or is let under a licence to occupy
  • listed buildings - you should get advice from your local authority conservation officer if the work would alter the building’s character
  • residential buildings intended to be used less than 4 months a year

If you are unsure if your property falls under one of the exceptions please speak to someone at your local Hunt Roche branch for further advice